The SP485HW V is a new model high wheeled lawnmower powered by a fantastic Honda GVC160 4-stroke engine. This is an easy starting, economical, and very quiet machine. just gently pull the cord and the mowers away...easy
Featuring rugged 280mm diameter bearinged rear wheels that will ensure a smoother finish, even on bumpy rough terrain. With a metallic silver, steel cutter deck, which has a washing link for easy cleaning, this mower really looks the part. It is also fitted with a front anti-scalp plate, which ensures a great finish, even at the lowest cutting heights.
The SP485 features a 48cm cutting width and 6 easy heights of cut, ranging from 25mm to 85mm that are easily selected using a centralised button, ensures you can pick the most suitable height for the finish required. The large capacity 70 liitre grass collector is easy to attach and has an indicator to show when it needs emptying. . A mulching plug is supplied as standard and simply clips into the discharge chute of the mower to produce a fine finish without collecting the cuttings.
Mulching grass is a great feature, it saves so much time and can make mowing the lawn more than 30% quicker, there is no need to keep emptying clippings. You may well ask “Will I see the mulched grass?” and the answer is “No!”, mulched clippings are blown down into the turf and are not noticeable, provided the grass is cut regularly, and not on the lowest setting. Some owners prefer to collect grass cuttings on areas close to the house, to be certain that children or pets don’t carry them inside, then use the mulching facility on all the other areas. To mulch just remove the collector, insert the mulching plug into the discharge chute, and replace the collector. To return to collection simply reverse the procedure.
Mulching the grass allows the clippings to be recycled, improving the soil as they decompose forming a natural fertiliser, high in potash and nitrogen. You will notice a marked improvement in your grass, as this fertiliser takes effect over the course of the cutting season.
Naturally, a mower of this specification is self propelled, but this model also has a variable speed control. Simply move the variable speed lever to adjust the speed to suit you and the conditions. Select the perfect speed to match your walking pace, reduce speed when cutting around flower beds or obstacles. It really makes this model particularly easy to use.
- Very heavy duty petrol lawnmower which features 3 in 1 from UK number 1 mower brand Mountfield ((LOCAL TO US Plympton Devon))
- Wet collect Grass collection, mulching and rear-discharge rough cutting option
- powerful Honda engine with an OHC for lower fuel-costs and a cut in exhaust emissions
- Cone clutch Variable-speed drive lets you work at the pace you find most comfortable and effective ((Easy to Control))
- Strong and durable NEW steel mower-deck With double seemed lip
- Large-capacity canvas catcher with a handy ‘collector full’ indicator Solid plastic bottom and cloth sides
- EASY Adjust Cutting-height quick and easy to set using a button
- Large, high-traction drive-wheels
- Engine Make Honda
- Engine Model GCV160 OHC
- Engine Capacity 160cc
- Engine Power 3.05hp / 2.28kW @ 2900rpm
- Starting System Recoil
- Fuel Tank Capacity 0.93 Litres
- Drive Self Propelled - Variable Speed & Reverse
- Cutting Width 48cm
- Cutting Heights 26-87mm (6 Positions)
- Height Adjustment EASY ADJUST Push-Button
- Grass Collector 70 Litres - Canvas with Hard Top
- Grassbag Full Indicator Yes
- Mulching Yes
- Side-Discharge No
- Cutting Deck Steel
- Handles Foldable
- Wheels Hi-Wheel
- Safety Features Operator Presence Control
- Weight 35kg
- Warranty 5 Years