The Mountfield 1538M-SD offers the perfect solution for those who do not wish to collect grass clippings.
Mulching grass is a great feature as it saves so much time and can be more than 30% quicker as there is no stopping work to drive to the tip to empty clippings, which also results in a significant fuel saving. Mulching the grass allows the clippings to be recycled, improving the soil as they decompose forming a natural fertiliser high in potash and nitrogen. You will notice a marked improvement in your grass as this fertiliser takes effect over the course of the cutting season. You may well ask “Will I see the mulched grass?” and the answer is “No!” Mulched clippings are blown down into the turf and are not noticeable provided the grass is cut regularly and not on the lowest setting.
Powered by a single cylinder Mountfield 432cc engine, the 1538M-SD has a manual transmission with 5 forward and 1 reverse gears. It is fitted with a 98cm/38in working width cutter deck with side discharge or mulch options and height of cut is easy to adjust with 7 settings from 25 - 80mm.
Other quality features include electromagnetic blade engagement, tow bar, head lights and a wash facility on the deck. This great little tractor is suitable for gardens and grounds of 1.5 - 2 acres.
- Starting Method Electric Key
- Engine Brand Mountfield
- Engine Type Series 7500 OHV
- Engine Capacity 432cc
- Net Power Output 7.5kW @ 2800rpm
- Transmission 5 Forward & Reverse
- Drive Rear Wheel
- Blade Engagement Electronic
- Cutting Width 98cm /38"
- Cutting Heights 25-80mm (7 Positions)
- Turning Circle 140cm
- Collector Full Buzzer No
- Wheels Front 15" Rear 18"
- Head Lights Yes
- Safety Features Seat with Safety Contact Breaker
- Max Speed 9.7km/hr
- Fuel Tank Capacity 6.0 Litre
- Included Accessories Mulching Kit
- Battery Charger Yes
- dB Rating 100 dB
- Weight 164kg
- Lawn Size 1.5 to 2 acre
- Dimensions Length 172cm Width 120cm (105cm without side deflector)
- Warranty 5 Year