Efco 8550 Boss has a top-of-the-range 52.5 cc (2.8 HP – 2.1 kW) engine and weights just 8.5 kg. It’s designed to offer maximum levels of user comfort and can be used for sustained periods of work clearing thick grass, scrub and undergrowth.
The brushcutter features a full professional anti-vibration system incorporating 6 self-lubricating bearings in the transmission and 4 rubber dampeners that separate the engine from the handles. User comfort is further enhanced by the adjustable handlebars and the fully adjustable padded harness which spreads the weight of the brushcutter evenly and can be attached to the machine in one of four positions to suit the size of the operator.
The Efco 8550 Boss Brushcutter comes supplied with both a tap ‘n’ go line head for mowing thick grass and a circular saw blade for cutting through dense vegetation. It combines high maximum torque with sustained running torque at low rpm for efficient and effective clearing work. The ergonomically shaped bike handles enable a smooth mowing action and the brushcutter to be easily manoeuvred, thus reducing fatigue. The handles can also be folded inwards for compact storage and transportation.
For added robustness this model has a 32 mm diameter tube and steel crankshaft. The piston comes with two rings and has been diamond finished to guarantee maximum quality and consistency over time. A high quality filter provides excellent protection, even when working in dusty environments, and ensures extended maintenance intervals and increased durability.
- ENGINE 2 - Stroke Emak
- DISPLACEMENT 52.5 cc
- BORE X STROKE 45 x 33 mm
- POWER (HP/KW) 2.8 / 2.1 (7500) min
- FUEL Mix 4% (25:1) With EFco Prosint oil 2% (50:1) - with Efco extrasint oil 1% (100:1)
- FUEL TANK CAPACITY 1.5 l
- IGNITION TYPE Electronic
- SPARK PLUG TYPE Champion RCJ - 7Y
- CARBURETOR Diaphragm Walbro WYK - 104 with Primer
- TRANSMISSION TUBE 32 mm
- BEVEL GEARS (GEAR BOX RATION) 1.375
- HANDLE Twin
- SHOCK ABSORBERS nr. 4 in Rubber
- CUTTING GUARD Plastic With Knife
- HARNESS Double
- STANDARD CUTTING TOOLS "Tap 'n Go" nylon head (3.3mm line diameter) + Tooth Blade 12"/300mm guage 3mm
- USABLE CUTTING TOOLS (STANDARD GUARD) 2 - 3 - 4 - 8 Tooth Blade
- USABLE CUTTING TOOLS (ALUMINIUM GUARD) 22 - 60 - 80 Tooth Disks
- NOISE PRESSURE (ISO 7917) dB (A) Disk 93 - Nylon Head 100
- NOISE POWER (ISO 10884) dB (A) Disk 105 - Nylon Head 113
- VIBRATIONS ISO 7916 (m/s2) Disk 3.7 SX 4.0 DX - Nylon Head 3.3 SX 4.7 DX
- WEIGHT 8.5 kg